We use your wallet’s public key to pre-generate the receiving addresses for all the coins that we currently support. These addresses will be stored in our backend system, whereas the public key itself is deleted and not stored. When you activate additional coins, the corresponding receiving addresses will be provided to you in the mobile app.
Articles in this section
- Do I need to use the Ballet Crypto app to receive coins?
- How do I check the balance on my Ballet wallet?
- How to import assets?
- Why is my transaction still pending?
- What should I provide Ballet Support to help me check my pending transaction?
- How do I deposit cryptocurrency to my Ballet wallet?
- How do I send cryptocurrency from my Ballet wallet?
- Can I transfer coins to my Ballet Cryptocurrency Wallet more than one time?
- What other cryptocurrencies does the Ballet wallet support?
- When I activate additional coins on Ballet Crypto mobile app, is it also a pre-generated receiving address?